Welcome to the Templates area. This is where you find worksheets in excel and word that are used by local media around the country, plus one sheets and brochures. Use these directly, or just the formats to save time developing your own new tools.
Below are the top 25 most-used templates:
1. New metrics tracking worksheets – New metrics and targets for 2015 as advised by Borrell & Asssociates, including two excel spreadsheets used by Morris Communications to track performance across new metrics. Best practice.
2. Obituaries planning brochure – In hard copy and PDF, the Bay Area News Group says this brochure was part of their “go to market” strategy that tripled revenues.
3. Obituaries calculator - If you attended the last webinar, you know how to use this tool to size up opportunity in your market.
4. Vendor packets - From the Chattanooga Times and others, Vendor information, sales flyers and contracts.
5. Day of checklist - Keeps producers organized! From Chattanooga Times', Angela Doggett.
6. Event P&L – The difference between making money and not making money, in excel.
7. List of event ideas from around the country, events criteria worksheet and competitive analysis worksheet – Use these tools to hone in on new events for 2015.
8. Restaurant week starter kit – Resources from the field.
9. Individual rep monthly forecast – One sheet in Excel.
10. First year sales development plan – Hiring new reps, layout your expectation in Excel.
11. ROI Campaign calculator – Help reps simplify ROI, in Excel.
12. Contract counter – Weekly sales meeting prompt to shift focus to long term deals.
13. Site potential calculator – Excel, shows how much of the opportunity you're getting, from Robert Grandfelt.
17. Recruitment ad for part-time telesales – Also from Handy.
18. App store review guidelines - Consistently one of the most used features on the site.
19. Mobile opportunity calculator – Add in all your mobile products and their potential. This calculator was created when mobile was smaller than desktop, and it still works. Created with LSM.
20. Value of an email name – From Second Street Media.
25. Guidelines – Client training online at the Washington Post.
26. Measuring results from native - Excelworksheet based on Deseret Digital's model
27. Native advertising glossary - Key terms defined to use for sales training