Hiring hunters? Find the next Wayne Gretsky. Below is an example of a job description that works to appeal to/screen the best candidates, modeled after a job description used successfully in the field by a top digital agency.
What we noted about this job description:
1. It focuses on "hunters." Actually uses the word in the ad and defines what this means.
2. The name of the newly branded inhouse agency appears many times in the ad, adding the legitimacy of a known company. However, the name of the legacy media is not here. This ad is specifically designed for a separate sales force specialist. Explain it all later, in the interview.
3. Requirements include three years of B2B outside sales. No requirement for digital marketing skills, only "willingness to embrace."
Here is the full job description:
Digital Strategist Job Description
The Digital Strategist () is an outside sales position responsible for selling (name of agency's) digital solutions.
Whole focus will be on developing new business both through new customer acquisition and selling new marketing solutions into existing customer accounts. The Digital Strategist will be responsible for managing all phases of the sales pipeline. Particular emphasis on identifying and prospecting to new customers and recognizing opportunities to drive profitable revenue in targeted vertical markets.
This Digital Strategist is a “Hunter Position” requiring a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual. The Digital Strategist will be responsible for attaining sales goals and communicating progress to goals and strategies/tactics to reach revenue targets with (name of agency's) management.
The Digital Strategist will call on executive level decision makers in a consultative sales role and must be able to communicate (the agency's) value proposition that is solution-based and differentiates (our agency) from any competitors.
• Minimum of three years of business to business/customer outside sales experience.
• Experience developing a new territory including lead generation and cold calling.
• Ability to carry and deliver on a sales budget.
• Results oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Energetic self motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong work ethic.
• Able to sell to C-level executives (CEO, CMO, President, VP, Director Level, etc...).
• Organized and detail oriented with professional presentation ability.
• Willing to embrace new technology and social media.
• MS Office suite proficiency.
• Preferred but not Required Experience.
(Our agency) offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition, comprehensive product and solution training will be provided.
Email resume and cover letter to (email of top executive at agency) – no phone calls please. You may also mail it in to (address of top executive at agency).
About (our agency):
(Name of agency) provides a complete line of marketing products that will assist business owners in their business development initiatives, including, but not exhaustive: SEO, SEM, website development and maintenance, in store signage, mobile site development, social media management, and much more.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here